Fellow Workers, comrades, and all working people of Portland:
The next Portland IWW social event – the Chinwag – will be on TUESDAY, APRIL 28 at the Lucky Lab Brew Pub on SE Hawthorne Ave.
The meetup will be from 6:00 – 10:00pm, with children welcome at the Lucky Lab until 9:00pm. Come and hang out with members of the Portland branch of the Industrial Workers of the World!
This Chinwag will be a few days before MAY DAY!
The Portland I.W.W. is proud to present our own awesome May Day party: PROLERSKATING!
All workers are welcome to our FREE rollerskating party at the Mt. Scott Community Center’s roller rink on Friday, May 1!
The action begins at 8:30pm, and we’ll roll the Union on until 11:00pm!
We’re going to celebrate International Workers’ Day with a fun, family-friendly event that is open to everyone (except bosses, of course). There will be:
- ROLLERSKATING! (free skate rentals)
- MUSIC! (send us your song requests!)
- FOOD & BEVERAGES* (this will be a potluck, so feel free to bring along some snacks or a dish!)
- CONTESTS & PRIZES! (best rollerskating moves?)
- SOLIDARITY with your comrades!
Also, there will be an unofficial pre-party in the playground area outside of the roller rink, as we wait until 8:30 to go inside.
Please share this event with your family, friends and co-workers!
* note: alcohol is not permitted at the Mt. Scott Community Center. Let’s save the spirits for the after-party!
The Portland IWW will be a part of this panel discussion. Please join us on Thursday, Feb. 26 at Portland State University!
Market Center Building Room 123
1600 SW 4th Avenue